What Does Your Handprint Look Like?

http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/images/view_photog.php?photogid=659








You know, just like our unique fingerprints and our unique signatures, each of us has something that only we can contribute to this world.  I may not be the best singer, pianist, guitar player or designer in the world, but I am definitely the best at being Ebony Louise Price.  And I am the only one that was specifically put on this earth to play that role.

I've found myself comparing my gifts to others more times than I can count.  I mean, Jennifer Hudson can sang!  So can Aretha and so can Yolanda Adams.  I can't sing like them.  Why?  'Cause I'm not supposed to.  I'm supposed to sing like me.  So, why waste my time trying to be like them?  I'm just going to get frustrated and disappointed.  I could even go as far as impersonating one of them.  But, really, I don't want to be known as "that girl that impersonates Aretha," even if I could sing like her.

Other examples:  Diane Von Furstenburg, Roberto Cavalli, Karl Lagerfeld, Galliano.  I love their designs.  But, what they do has already been done by them.  I'm not trying to be like them.  I'm trying to be the best me that I can be.  I'm trying to live in the Lord's will and that's it.
So, just like our fingerprints, we have something unique to contribute to this world.  We weren't made by mistake (even if our parents didn't plan us).  God has always had a plan in mind for us.  

In Jeremiah 1:5, the Lord tells Jeremiah, "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations."

WHAT?!  THE LORD HAS HAD A PLAN FOR US ALL ALONG!  HOW COOL IS THAT?!

So, we work on our skills.  Millions of women can sew, and make jewelry and play music.  But, what happens when I take those skills and filter them thru His Spirit and the earthen vessel God gave me?  God only knows.  But a sistah is fo real gonna find out.

So, let's work on our unique voices, our individual hanprints that God has blessed us with.  What's yours?



0 comments:

Post a Comment